Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Up coming Head-Swap activity...

emanuel

Hello all

I have possible head swaps in the future and am looking for the best way to preserve historical data.

As far as I know, there is no way to transfer the SYSTEM ID ( or is there? ) from one hardware platform to another so If i replace a 3070 called BLUE with a 6080; giving the 6080 all the same IP and hostname, the SYSTEM ID will obviously be different; is there a way I can transfer the historical data over?

I found this in the online help..............

Depending on the situation, changing two of the three pieces of information at the same time may result in the system looking like a new appliance, and therefore the historical data would not be associated with this new appliance in the DataFabric Manager server. In some situations, the manual step of changing the "hostPrimaryAddress" described above can avoid this problem, or using this command:

dfm host rename <old-system-name> <new-system-name>

Changing all three pieces of information at the same will certainly result in the system looking like a new appliance in the DataFabric Manager server.

It may be worth doing a "dfm backup create" before major appliance head swaps or upgrades, in case you need to restore the DataFabric Manager server to an earlier state.

We have automatic backups running.

1 REPLY 1

adaikkap

Hi Emanuel,

Pls check the below FAQ for the same.

http://now.netapp.com/NOW/knowledge/docs/DFM_win/rel40/html/faq/index.shtml#_9.10

Regards

adai

Public