Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Upgrade to System Manager 3.0 if only managing 7-mode systems?

gunthermontez

The announcement at the top of this forum states that OnCommand System Manager 3.0 "replaces 2.2 and all earlier versions." However, on the overview page seen before downloading, I found the following info:

Installer enhancements

The installer also installs System Manager 2.2.0.1 instance to manage 7-Mode systems. System Manager 2.2.0.1 is launched in a new browser tab or window if you are managing a 7-Mode system. Similarly, System Manager 3.0 RC1 is launched if you are managing a clustered Data ONTAP system.

Our environment is using NetApp 8.1.2 in 7-mode, if we're already using System Manager 2.2, is there any benefit to upgrading to System Manager 3.0? It doesn't seem like there is, I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

yuvaraju

With System Manager 3.0, a user can manage both clustered Data ONTAP and 7-Mode systems from a single instance or single dashboard. 7-mode systems that can be managed with System Manager 3.0 are 7.3.7 or later. Similarly, for clustered Data ONTAP it is Data ONTAP 8.1.3 and Data ONTAP 8.2.

If you have already using System Manager 2.2, continue to do so. System Manager 3.0 does not provide additional features or enhancements for 7-mode, 3.0 Version provides enhanced user interface and support for new features of clustered Data ONTAP 8.2.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

gavin_meadows

That's the way it looks to me too.  Perhaps there are bug fixes in the release notes?

yuvaraju

With System Manager 3.0, a user can manage both clustered Data ONTAP and 7-Mode systems from a single instance or single dashboard. 7-mode systems that can be managed with System Manager 3.0 are 7.3.7 or later. Similarly, for clustered Data ONTAP it is Data ONTAP 8.1.3 and Data ONTAP 8.2.

If you have already using System Manager 2.2, continue to do so. System Manager 3.0 does not provide additional features or enhancements for 7-mode, 3.0 Version provides enhanced user interface and support for new features of clustered Data ONTAP 8.2.

Public