Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

User Quotas in Netapp Harvest

mzp45

Hi,

Is there a way of displaying user quotas in Harvest+Grafana?  At the moment I only see capacity quotas. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

madden

Hi @mzp45

User quota metrics (so user or group quota usage per qtree) are not collected by Harvest.  When originally implementing I think I decided that such a level of detail would create too many metrics and lead to long load times in Graphite/Grafana if you tried to view them with a lot of users (i.e. thousands).  But checking the API docs just now I couldn't find any OCUM API to get user quota info even if I wanted it!

So if you need this info you would be best to use the quota-report API to the cDOT cluster directly, parse it, and submit to Graphite.  Because of the low demand it's not on my roadmap, but if you want to code it up you can share it here on communities and I can validate and include it as an 'extra' in a future release.

Cheers,
Chris Madden

Storage Architect, NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

Blog: It all begins with data

P.S.  Please select “Options” and then “Accept as Solution” if this response answered your question so that others will find it easily!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

madden

Hi @mzp45

User quota metrics (so user or group quota usage per qtree) are not collected by Harvest.  When originally implementing I think I decided that such a level of detail would create too many metrics and lead to long load times in Graphite/Grafana if you tried to view them with a lot of users (i.e. thousands).  But checking the API docs just now I couldn't find any OCUM API to get user quota info even if I wanted it!

So if you need this info you would be best to use the quota-report API to the cDOT cluster directly, parse it, and submit to Graphite.  Because of the low demand it's not on my roadmap, but if you want to code it up you can share it here on communities and I can validate and include it as an 'extra' in a future release.

Cheers,
Chris Madden

Storage Architect, NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

Blog: It all begins with data

P.S.  Please select “Options” and then “Accept as Solution” if this response answered your question so that others will find it easily!

mzp45

Hi @madden,

Looks like quotas are available in system manager and not OCUM.  I'll take a look at the quota-report API from cDOT to see if i can create and share the code. 

Thanks 

Public