Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Value of Reporter with a single OnCommand instance?

columbus_admin

I am seeing some interesting reports being posted which seem so to have a lot of value. However, does Reporter offer much in the way of benefits with only a single OnCommand instance?

- Scott

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

araman

Hi Scott,

Way to go!!!

If you don't have a demo license yet, you can request here

https://communities.netapp.com/community/netapp_partners_network/storage_management_software/oncommandinsight?view=overview

or you can contact NetApp sales representative to process a quote to get you a permanent license.

Let us know your feedback.

Thanks

Arun

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

araman

Hi Scott,

The value for single OnCommand instance is mainly on the custom reports/dashboards you can create using the available data and export/distribute in different formats.

BTW, what kind of reports really impressed you? And also did you feel that the solution didn't solve any of your reporting needs?

Thanks

Arun

columbus_admin

Thanks Arun,

I am going to have to justify the build of a reporting server for testing, and then production, so before I go to ask, I want to have a solid base.  So I don't have the Reporter server yet. 

As to the reports I saw, just reading about what the reports offer has grabbed my interest.  I do some report generation using the OC built in reports and manipulating the outputs, being able to replace some of those with an actual purpose built solution seems the better way to go to me.

I think I will submit the request for a VM today citing "more advanced reporting"(which is never a bad thing), and see if I can get started.

- Scott

araman

Hi Scott,

Way to go!!!

If you don't have a demo license yet, you can request here

https://communities.netapp.com/community/netapp_partners_network/storage_management_software/oncommandinsight?view=overview

or you can contact NetApp sales representative to process a quote to get you a permanent license.

Let us know your feedback.

Thanks

Arun

Public