Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Views available in Crystal Reports

bmorse

I'm trying to create a custom report using Crystal Reports 10 and have a couple questions.  I'm able to browse the views in MonitorDB but can only query tables in DFMGROUP.  Is this expected behavior?  I'm unable to find a table/view listing the volNames as reported inside DFM.  Where can I locate this table/view?

3 REPLIES 3

hiyer

>>  I'm able to browse the views in MonitorDB but can only query tables in DFMGROUP.  Is this expected behavior?
Yes. Only the 'tables' in DFMGROUP are exposed to external databases. These are actually views and not tables.
>> I'm unable to find a table/view listing the volNames as reported inside DFM.  Where can I locate this table/view?
You will have to join the volumeView with the objectView to get the name.

bmorse

Is there any documentation that explains what views can be combined or should be combined to get certain values?

adaikkap

Hi Morse,

The details schema for both historic and non historic data is documented in the general help.

Go to the operation manger WebUI Control Center-> Help-> General Help-> Contents->Database Schema.

Under this you can find the following.

Database schema for DataFabric Manager nonhistoric data

Database schema for DataFabric Manager historic data

Relationship among fields of various database views

So the "Relationship among fields of various database views" give the relationship between various views.

For convenience I am giving the URL, replace it your dfm server IP

http://<dfmserverIPorHostname>:8080/help/dfm.htm#%3E%3Epan=2

Regards

adai

Public