Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Volume Growth Report

igalkatzir

I am trying to generate storage growth reports,

Within the built-in Reports;

Storage Capacity and Growth > Detailed Reports

there is a 'volume growth' report that shows 'daily growth rate' .

Is there a way to change the period of growth from daily to monthly, yearly, custom etc....

Igal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MPERIYAK

OCR is point in time. So no history. What I do is have the reports emailed every month to me and then I build a database of the growth values using excel

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

JGPSHNTAP

Not that i know of, but you can do custom scripting from oncommand to do that. 

igalkatzir

scripting from oncommand - you mean DFM right?

where do i start from?

Igal

JGPSHNTAP

What i do is wrap the dfm command line with powershell.

You need to use something like

dfm graph -F csv volume-usage-vs-total-1m  or -3m

Than you need to convert the csv and dump it out..

cscott

Igal is talking about OnCommand Reports, which is based off of IBM Cognos Insight, the DFM commands will not work.

Igal,

This report auto formats to the relevant time frame, go into OCR report and "Insert Data" : OnCommand Report > Inventory Model > Storage Model > Volume (or aggregate whichever you need) > Capacity.  Then add "Days to Full"

.  As the system is approximating the time until full, you will see different values in the output.

For example, I have

> 1 Year

>=1 Month and < 1 Quarter

>= 1 week and < 1 Month

< 1 week

etc.

- Scott

MPERIYAK

OCR is point in time. So no history. What I do is have the reports emailed every month to me and then I build a database of the growth values using excel

cscott

Igal,

I think I misunderstood what you wanted, so another option is to build your own column.  Highlight the Daily growth rate (GB) and click on "Calculate"(the button to the right of Sigma).  This will bring up the Calculate window at the bottom of the screen.  From there leave "operation type" as Arithmetic, change "operation" to * (multiplication), enter 30 in the "number" textbox.  From there you can change "New item name" to be 30 Day Growth.  You can repeat this with * 180 for 6 months, * 90 for quarterly, etc.

- Scott

mharish

Hi,

This is a query about to get the historical data volume size.   I am able to get only the graphical information of volume trending using " dfm graph" command. What if i want to get the size of volume on a specific day ( Eg : 3 months ago ) . Is there any commands to find out size of the volume before 3 months on a specified day. I want to access those historical data to find out how many times these volumes has increased its capacity in past 3 months. 

Public