Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Volume Performance Data

benwade

Hi,

I need to see historical performance stats for specific volumes. With the OCUM I can see them per graphs but I cannot export them. Is there way to export historical performance data for volumes?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Dhiman

Hi,

It depends on what you need. If you are content with the past 3 days of data (i.e. 72 hours), Unified Manager GUI can help you.

Just login to Unified Manager, navigate to "Performance" tab on the left hand side, click on Volumes; you will be presented with basic performance stats (Latency, IOPS, MBps, Free capacity, Total Capacity, Cluster, node, SVM, Aggregare etc.) of volumes (for the past 72 hours). You can also export the data in CSV format.

But if you need performance data for longer duration, you need to write an SQL query for the UM DB to respond.

Thanks,

Dhiman 

maskajan09

Hello

could you be more specific with the SQL query? What table holds the data? The example would be the best.

Thank you

Dhiman

You will need to use netapp_performance schema, it would be inappropriate for me to write anything specific as your requirements may vary. Also please note the volume performance data are dynamic and you need to query 2-3 tables to get your information after you perform an INNER JOIN with the volume object available in netapp_model_view schema. Please go through TR-4709, which has some examples to help you frame your own query. 

But if 72 hour data is all you need, you have most of it in the UI grid.

Thanks,

Dhiman

Public