Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

WFA 5.0 RC1 - current user in HTML5 GUI

moep

I was testing WFA 5.0 RC1 and noticed that the variable "$_WFAUser" is no longer working with the new HTML5 GUI. How do get the information which user is running the workflow now?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mbeattie

Hi,

I've raised the issue with the WFA development team. I should be fixed with WFA 5.0 GA. Thanks for flagging this issue

/Matt

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

mbeattie

Hi,

I haven't tested this is WFA 5.0 however the following code has worked in previous versions. Try this:

[String]$workflowName = $(Get-WfaRestParameter "workflowName")
[Int]$workflowId      = $(Get-WfaRestParameter "workflowId")
[String]$commandName  = $(Get-WfaRestParameter "commandName")
[Int]$jobId           = $(Get-WfaRestParameter "jobId")
[String]$userName     = $(Get-WfaRestParameter "userName")

You should be about to use the "Get-WFARestParameter" cmdlet to enumerate the information you require about the current workflow.

Hope that helps

/Matt

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

moep

I need the user name before starting the command. I use it to populate a user input query. So far this worked by using the pre-defined variable "$_WFAUser".

scott_f

Same problem here, no longer works with v5.

mbeattie

Hi,

I've raised the issue with the WFA development team. I should be fixed with WFA 5.0 GA. Thanks for flagging this issue

/Matt

moep

Nevermind...

mbeattie

Hi,

I tested this using WFA 5.0GA and was able to successfully use the "$_WFAUser" variable to display the currently logged in user within the HTML5 interface. The WFA 5 designer still uses flash but the portal is now HTML5. I tested a simple command to display the WFA username:

wfa1.png

wfa2.png

This worked fine in the HTML 5 interace:

wfa3.png

wfa4.png

Please let me know if there is another use case with this variable that isn't working with WFA5?

/Matt

moep

The variable doesn't work when used in Queries. HTML5 GUI won't load the workflow view currently and always shows the spinner icon.

Also when used as String it is inconsistent between Flash GUI and HTML5 GUI. Flash shows "DOMAIN\username", HTML5 shows only "username"

Public