Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

WFA Commands to add Cluster to OCUM and WFA

joshuag

I'm looking for WFA commands that will add a newly installed cluster to OCUM and add the WFA credentials for that cluster

10 REPLIES 10

abhit

From the WFA command, you can call a REST API to add the cluster credentials to WFA.

See http://localhost/rest/docs/resource_CredentialsResource.html#path__credentials.html.

OCUM side, need to check if any API or CLI exists.

Regards,

Abhi

abhit

I am able to access it in my local install.

Which version of WFA are you using?

Please click on the highlighted link in the image.

Help->Support Links -->Rest API help.

Regards

Abhi

joshuag

I see.  Thanks all who replied.  That would be a nice feature to add. The use case is I'm installing and configuring a cluster via WFA. So, after installing the cluster via WFA, A manual step needs to be added to add the cluster to OCUM prior to proceeding with the configuration.

sinhaa

@joshuag

The command you need has been emailed to you.

sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

joshuag

Have not received command. 

There is a "datasource-add" ZAPI element that allows you to add the Cluster to OCUM.  I modified the "Refresh Cluster monitoring on an OCUM 6X" command to add this element along wit the child elements. 

The workflow job fails with a "Failed invoking API - Request Timout". However, the job still runs in the backgroud and completes sucessfully in OCUM. The job takes about 15min to complete on my OCUM server.  I tried adding a wait command by simply appending existing code with this line and adjusting the wait time.

Set-WfaCommandProgress -Total 1 -Current 1 -ProgressPercentage 100

Still no luck with preventing the WFA command from a timeout. 

sinhaa

The last mail send failed due to unknown reasons. Sent it again.

sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

msaravan

If you want to add a cluster to OCUM directly, OCUM doesn't have any external API/CLI for that.  You need to use OCUM GUI only.

At present, I suggest you to use the solution provided by Abhit.

Regards,

Saravanan

msaravan

I would like to give an update on the interfaces that are available for the users to add clusters to OCUM:

1. GUI - Its known to everyone.

2. CLI - We have a um cli called "um datasource add ..", and using this you can add a cluster to OCUM. This CLI is exposed only for RHEL and Windows. Since the vApp is a closed box, this is not applicable at the moment.

Regards,

Saravanan

joshuag
Thanks for the explanation. That explains why I can't connect to my OCUM vAPP box via http/https. However, there is a work around. You must add OCUM credentials to WFA. Then you can use the OCUM credentials to connect and run the datasource-add command. I have this part working in PoSh. My new problem is getting the command to wait for completion. Trying to find a way to track the progress so I can wait for completion.
Public