Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

WFA access from mobile devices

richard5

Does anyone use WFA from android or IOS tablets? Is there any drive to enable WFA access from mobile devices?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

adaikkap

Hi All,

The newer versions of android doesn't support flash either.

I tried to launch WFA from my nexus 7 running the latest android version 4.4.2

These are the messages I got when I launched and tried to install flash respectively.

1." To view this page ensure that Adobe Flash Player version 10.0.45 or greater is installed."

2." We're Sorry

This content requires Adobe Flash Player, which is not supported by your device. This content can be viewed on a desktop computer or on mobile devices that support Flash Player."

As Kevin said there is not much of an activity on this front.

Could you help me with some more detail on what kind of mobile access to WFA are you looking at?

Is it like a way to invoke a work flow or see the status of execution or full fledged WFA capabilities?

This will help in better understanding of the needs to estimate and prioritize accordingly.

Regards

adai

Sent from my NEXUS 7, excuse typos.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

bachman

You can't use the standard interface on an iOS device because the interface is written in Flash, which isn't supported on iOS. I can't speak to Android.

Phil

hill

Regarding the Android question... I suppose it depends on the age of the device.  Older Android devices support Flash.  Newer Android devices are "somewhat" modeling after iOS are no longer supporting Flash and instead supporting HTML 5.  I'm sure there are others that can speak to more possibilities and possible issues.

But to the heart of your question, I am not aware of any effort (or product requirement/request) to enable mobile access for WFA.

Best,

Kevin.

adaikkap

Hi All,

The newer versions of android doesn't support flash either.

I tried to launch WFA from my nexus 7 running the latest android version 4.4.2

These are the messages I got when I launched and tried to install flash respectively.

1." To view this page ensure that Adobe Flash Player version 10.0.45 or greater is installed."

2." We're Sorry

This content requires Adobe Flash Player, which is not supported by your device. This content can be viewed on a desktop computer or on mobile devices that support Flash Player."

As Kevin said there is not much of an activity on this front.

Could you help me with some more detail on what kind of mobile access to WFA are you looking at?

Is it like a way to invoke a work flow or see the status of execution or full fledged WFA capabilities?

This will help in better understanding of the needs to estimate and prioritize accordingly.

Regards

adai

richard5

My customers would find it most useful to have WFA automation control from a variety of devices. Some only allow or provide IOS based mobile devices, while others allow BYOD including Android. The Adobe Flash interface is a problematic limitation, unless something like NetApp Connect can provide a workaround. The creation and maintenance of native IOS and Android apps would be more resource intensive but would have the best interface for invoking and status of workflows. I don't think the ability to create workflows would be a mobile requirement, now.

adaikkap

Thanks for the details.

Regards

adai

Public