Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

WFA - confirm snapmirror update complete before Creating CIFS Share

A_Campbell

I have a workflow that uses 'Transfer Snapmirror', with the next step being 'create CIFS share'. I currently have a powershell sleep command built into the CIFS creation command to allow time for the snapmirror to complete the update before creating the share. Does anyone know a way to check for the snapmirror update to be complete before continuing with the CIFS share create? I would rather to that instead of my existing way of using a sleep command. Thanks

CIFS sleep.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MattInCO

@A_Campbell

I run into that as well. I would be interested to know if anyone has a real solution, but I just uncheck the "enable element existence validation" in the "Details" tab on workflows that it seems to pop up on.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

MattInCO

@A_Campbell

Does the "Wait for SnapMirror initialization or resync" command provide what you are asking for? I believe that is what I use to validate that the SnapMirror update is complete prior to moving on to the next step in my workflows.

A_Campbell

@MattInCO

OK, I just tried that. I'm getting the error in this screenshot. The workflow is failing early in the planning step before anything really kicks off. This is strange because I'm using the same source and destination volume as I'm using in the 'transfer snapmirror' step. Any ideas?

CIFS sleep2.jpg

MattInCO

@A_Campbell

I run into that as well. I would be interested to know if anyone has a real solution, but I just uncheck the "enable element existence validation" in the "Details" tab on workflows that it seems to pop up on.

A_Campbell

@MattInCO

Fantastic, that did it. I'm also not sure why we have to uncheck that option, but glad we could get around it.

Thanks!

sinhaa

@A_Campbell @MattInCO

Element existence validation is a preventive measure  to help you avoid errors during execution. This is important because cleaning up a failed execution can be a cumbersome task. 

So ideally there is NO need to uncheck this to proceed. If you have to, then there must be some mistake either in workflow design or bug command Reservation/Verification

I can help you understand it and find the root cause if you can provide your workflow here ( exported in .dar file format)

sinhaa 

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Public