Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

WFA issue with cache updates

dcornely1

Hello,

I'm running the latest version of WFA v2.1.0.70.32 in my environment and I've come across an issue I thought wouldn't exist because I'm using certified commands.  The issue is that WFA does not appear to be aware of changes it has made before the OnCommand cache updates occur.  Here is the scenario:

Step 1)

I'm creating a new CDOT export policy, export rule, and volume.  This flow works without issue and is called ss_cdot_CreateNFSVolumeWithExport

Step 2)

Before WFA and/or OnCommand has had a chance to learn about the change from the step 1 workflow via scheduled cache updates I attempt to run a workflow

that creates a new rule in the policy created from step 1.  This fails and will continue to fail until WFA's cache is updated from OnCommand and it learns about this new policy.

This flow is called ss_cdot_CreateExportRule

All the commands in both flows are certified so I had thought that would avoid this issue.  I had originally been using a modified No-Op command in the first create flow for the reasons behind this post but even after removing that single non-certified command the problem remains.  The only thing I can think of is that I created these flows in WFA v2.0 and recently upgraded to v2.1.

I'm either missing something or have encountered a bug in WFA regarding export policies and cache awareness of them, although I'm leaning towards an error I made somewhere but haven't found it yet.  I'm attaching both flows in the hopes that they will reveal where I've tripped up.  Hopefully it's something simple, thanks in advance.

-Dave

37 REPLIES 37
Public