Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

WFA to allow for graceful shutdown

WFA_for_Graceful_Shutdown

I have a customer who is wondering if there is a way to trigger a graceful shutdown of a filer (7-mode FAS2552) that gets switched over to UPS power using WFA?  Or is there, in fact, any way to trigger at all a graceful shutdown in the event of a power line input change (brown out)? 

1 REPLY 1

sinhaa

@WFA_for_Graceful_Shutdown

(1)

I have a customer who is wondering if there is a way to trigger a graceful shutdown of a filer (7-mode FAS2552) that gets switched over to UPS power using WFA?

----

I was looking if there are any ONTAP apis for shutting down a controller. I don't see there is any but I don't claim to be an ONTAP expert.  

So if there is a CLI command without  the need for a user confirmation prompt, you can have a WFA command which uses the DataONTAP PSTK cmdlet Invoke-NaSsh to invoke this CLI command to get this done.

(2)

Or is there, in fact, any way to trigger at all a graceful shutdown in the event of a power line input change (brown out)? 

--------

Does OCUM/OPM/OCI monitors and provides an alert in such an event? If yes and there is yes for point (1), then there can be system built on WFA to do this. But will need some work.

If it doesn't then we need to see if there is some API/CLI available to get this info.

WFA can be used to do anything provided there exists a programmatic interface like CLI, API available to do the task.

sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Public