Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

WFA version 3.1- command failed to execute

sheelnidhig

Hello All,

I have recently upgraded to WFA version 3.1 and have imported some workflows created in version 3.0.

However, i have faced several issues with the workflow filer, as i had to reset all the command filer before it can look for the filter.

Further, when i reached to the next step, i found that the custom command to set the quota on qtree is not working, we have exactly the same commnad working in WFA version 3.0.

When execuriting the command in Version 3.1, i get the following error:

screenshot1.png

Can anyone please have a look at it and suggest me what can be done to fix it!

or is this a known issue with WFA version 3.1

,Sheel

5 REPLIES 5

rkiran

Looks like there is a NULL pointer exception in Set-NcQuota Cmdlet due to which you are getting 'Object reference not set' error.

Need to check if something has changed in PowerShell toolkit in WFA 3.1.

sheelnidhig

Hello,

I Have also observed the same with the powershell toolkit.

If I execute the set-ncquota command from WFA's Powershell toolkit it get the same error:

PS C:\> Set-NcQuota -Type tree -Volume segot_segott0001_dsfs_4001 -Target /vol/segot_segott0001_dsfs_4001/segott0001_dsfs_4001_q1001n -
DiskLimit 120m -VserverContext segotx9009
Set-NcQuota : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
At line:1 char:1
+ Set-NcQuota -Type tree -Volume segot_segott0001_dsfs_4001 -Target /vol/segot_seg ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (10.220.58.210:NcController) [Set-NcQuota], NullReferenceException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : QuotaGetEntryFailed,DataONTAP.C.PowerShell.SDK.Cmdlets.Quota.SetNcQuota

When I execute the same command from Netapp Powershell Tool Kit version 4.0.0 (windows installed), the same command goes well.

How do i check the WFA's Poswershell ToolKit Version or how do I change the path of WFA powershell Module path.

,Sheel

rkiran

You can check the PowerShell toolkit version used by WFA by :

From PowerShell ISE, CD to C:\Program Files\NetApp\WFA\PoSH>

run .\profile.ps1 and 

Get-NaToolkitVersion cmdlet

sheelnidhig

Hello,

Here is the output of two version we have from netapp Ontap ToolKit:

When running from Native windows installed Powershell Ontap ToolKit it works fine 🙂 

PS H:\> Get-NaToolkitVersion
Major Minor Build Revision
----- ----- ----- --------
3 1 0 179
PS H:\>
PS H:\> Set-NcQuota -Type tree -Volume segot_segott0001_dsfs_4001 -Target /vol/segot_segott0001_dsfs_4001/segott0001_dsfs_4001_q1001n -VserverContext segotx9009
QuotaType QuotaTarget Volume Qtree DiskLimit FileLimit Vserver
--------- ----------- ------ ----- --------- --------- -------
tree /vol/segot_segott0001_dsfs_... segot_segott0... 122880 - segotx9009
PS H:\>

====================================================================================================================================

But then running from WFA's installed Powershell Ontap ToolKit it does not works and ends with the same issue....

PS C:\Program Files\NetApp\WFA\PoSH> .\profile.ps1
PS C:\Program Files\NetApp\WFA\PoSH> Get-NaToolkitVersion
Major Minor Build Revision
----- ----- ----- --------
3 3 0 62
PS C:\Program Files\NetApp\WFA\PoSH>

PS C:\Program Files\NetApp\WFA\PoSH> Set-NcQuota -Type tree -Volume segot_segott0001_dsfs_4001 -Target /vol/segot_segott0001_dsfs_4001/segott0001_dsfs_4001_q1001n -VserverContext segotx9009
Set-NcQuota : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
At line:1 char:1
+ Set-NcQuota -Type tree -Volume segot_segott0001_dsfs_4001 -Target /vol/segot_seg ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (10.220.58.210:NcController) [Set-NcQuota], NullReferenceException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : QuotaGetEntryFailed,DataONTAP.C.PowerShell.SDK.Cmdlets.Quota.SetNcQuota

PS C:\Program Files\NetApp\WFA\PoSH>

Anyone Any help or suggestations.

,Sheel

sinhaa

Sheel,

This is a bug with DataONTAP PSTK 3.3 which is bundled with WFA3.1. You have 3 choices:

1. Wait for NetApp to fix this bug in PSTK and WFA bundles it along with the next WFA. It will take months.

2. Modify your code to handle this exception. I think command is getting executed sucessfully at cluster end but still PSTK throwing error. You can handle this exception in your code. This would need you to modify all the commands which are having such issues.  

3. If you are satisfied with PSTK3.1 which was with WFA3.0 then I suggest you modify the DataOnatp PSTK on your WFA3.1 to the PSTK version 3.1.0.179 as given in How to upgrade or modify the DataONTAP Powershell Toolkit(PSTK) in WFA. No need to modify any code anywhere and it will work seamless. You can upgrade your PSTK later on when the bug gets fixed.

sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Public