Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

WFACredentials issue

francoisbnc

I would like to use generic account to connect via ssh multiple aix systems, so I created

I retrieve credentials with this code

$cred = Get-WfaCredentials $Hostgeneric #(gdcaix)

$retVal = Invoke-NaSsh -Credential $cred -name $Host -Command $Command

The workflow hang for minutes with these errors.

13:06:59,549 ERROR [com.netapp.wfa.command.execution.impl.CommandDaoImpl] (http-executor-threads - 46) Failed to resolve host name 'gdcaix'

13:06:59,549 ERROR [com.netapp.wfa.rs.execution.ExecutionResource] (http-executor-threads - 46) Execution : Credential Request Rejected for host 'gdcaix'

replacing gdcaix by the real host name fix the problem.

What's wrong

Thanx in advance

8 REPLIES 8

abhit

If you click on the the help (?) of this dialog box, you can help documentation.

It is documented that the host name needs to be specified. Probably name resolution

is not happening when you just specify gdcaix.

Name/IP

Enables you to specify the host name or IP address for the credential.

Regards

Abhi

francoisbnc

That means, I have to create one record for each host I want to connect.

Not really useful.

Regards,

François

sinhaa

Missed this post. No Francois, you don't have to create one record for every host. Match=pattern is meant for it.

Regarding your failure, looking into it.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

francoisbnc

Match=Patterns work for me with filers commands, using Invoke-NaSsh, when I try to connect to aix host, my workflows hang and never finish

$cred = Get-WfaCredentials $Hostgeneric

Invoke-NaSsh -Credential $cred -name $Host -Command "$Command".

Regards,

François

sinhaa

Very strange Francois. Despite all my attempts, I've not been able to reproduce an error like this as yet.

You might already have, but just to confirm it. Have you tried deleting/re-adding this gdcaix host pattern? Same error?

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

francoisbnc

Hello  sinhaa,

I tested with 2.2 version and that fix the problem.

09:58:47.237 INFO  [ITS - SSH Command] ### Command 'ITS - SSH Command' ###

09:58:48.485 INFO  [ITS - SSH Command] Executing command: ./ITS_-_SSH_Command826123114784446112.ps1 -Command 'touch /tmp/test.dat' -Host 'gdc00250.swatchgroup.net' -Hostgeneric '_gdcaix_'

09:58:51.168 INFO  [ITS - SSH Command] Credentials successfully provided for 'gdcaix'

However, If pattern was not found, workflow stop after a timeout of 10 minutes, is it a normal situation?

09:10:17.230 INFO  [ITS - SSH Command] ### Command 'ITS - SSH Command' ###

09:10:22.316 INFO  [ITS - SSH Command] Executing command: ./ITS_-_SSH_Command7424151275979014135.ps1 -Command 'touch /tmp/test.dat' -Host 'gdc00250.swatchgroup.net' -Hostgeneric 'xxxx'

09:20:18.599 ERROR  [ITS - SSH Command] Command failed for Workflow 'ssh_test' with error : Command '$Uri = @($input)[0] ; C:\Program` Files\NetApp\WFA\jboss\..\PoSH\profile.ps1;Invoke-WfaCommand -Script './ITS_-_SSH_Command7424151275979014135.ps1 -Command ''touch /tmp/test.dat'' -Host ''gdc00250.swatchgroup.net'' -Hostgeneric ''xxxx'' '' timed out

09:20:18.645 INFO  [ITS - SSH Command] ***** Workflow Execution Failed *****

adaikkap

Hi Fracois,

Are you asking if the time out of minutes is normal ? And looking for a way to reduce it or so ?

IIRC, the timeout value for all commands is 600 seconds which is ten minutes.

Regards

adai

francoisbnc

Hello Adai,

I found strange that trigger a timeout in this case, why not just stop the workflow when Get-WfaCredentials is not able to found a match.

Regards,

François

Public