Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

What experience you have with 3rd party quota products with Netapp

galchen

Hi,

I have a customer with a few 6080A systems.

They want to do a folder quota and NTP/QTP is very expensive with our "big" systems.

can you share what other 3rd party application have proved them selves and pleases customers?

3 REPLIES 3

dwaghmare

Why not the NetApp internal user level and QTREE level quota ??

I have tested and implemented for many of our customers, and works fine as well.

Also using NetApp Operations Manager you can get the QUOTA report at central repository.

tyrone_owen_1

What other options are there?

Thanks

scottgelb

Most of our customers use the native quotas...but to get windows groups or directory level quotas the only third party tools I know of are NTP (mentioned in the original post) which some of our customers use... another is Northern http://www.northern.net/en/Storage-Management/Disk-Quotas/  both companies have had booths at NetApp events and look like they do similar quota handling.  The field reports tend to give an edge to NTP for maturity but at a higher cost.... but I haven't looked at northern in depth to confirm or give an opinion on the product.  If there are any other third party tools other than these two, I'd be interested in hearing about them.

Public