Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

When will System Manager support FAS270 or FAS6000?

KylePayne

I see on the NetApp System Manager Matrix (http://now.netapp.com/NOW/knowledge/docs/olio/guides/system_manager/system_manager_matrix.shtml) only FAS2000, FAS3000 and FAS3100 controllers are supported.  Then it lists a number of platforms which are not supported.

Will there be any support for FAS270's they aren't listed in the "unsupported" section? I know they are older controllers but I still have a number of customers who use them.  As they purchase new solutions we are finding they continue to use the FAS270's as SnapMirror and SnapVault destinations and for test labs.  It would be nice to have them supported by System Manager.

I'm assuming FAS6000 support is coming. Can you give us an ETA?

8 REPLIES 8

klink

We'll support FAS 6000 in our next release, which we'll ship before end of 2009.  If demand is strong enough we may issue a release sooner, but not guaranteed.

We may include other platforms as well, it turns out from an engineering perspective supporting other platforms is pretty easy, it is mostly a qualification and customer support issue.  If you have a NetApp representative contact, it helps to let them know what you're looking for.  Getting a PVR filed is even more explicit in that sense.

I'll also pass this along to our product manager (Jai Desai) who is the one who collects these requests.

Steve Klinkner

(NetApp engineering)

lasswellt

i have to say i'm eager to see support for the FAS6080.

pborkstrom

Psssssst!  Don't tell anyone but it does support your 250's and 270's!  Prob. even your 6000 (I don't have any).

Edit this file: C:\Program Files\NetApp\System Manager\1.0\SystemsConfig.xml

<ShowUnsupportedSystems>yes</ShowUnsupportedSystems>

The default  is <ShowUnsupportedSystems>no</ShowUnsupportedSystems>.  Change no to a yes and you're all good.  I imagine it's not supported by Netapp so be cool.

ogra

Will we also have support for V-Series on the Roadmap ?? There are lots of customer who are using Filer View to manage them.

Regards,

Bakshana

klink

The next release will support v-series, too.

Steve

fonsecac1

Hi Steve, I have the latest version of System Manager (Version: 1.1R1 (1.1.0.464)), which does not have vfiler/multistore support.  What release will support vfiler/multistore and when will it be released?

Thanks,

Craig

rle
NetApp Alumni

System Manager 2.0 will have vfiler and MultiStore support.  The release date is around May 2011.

- Rick -

danielpr

Phil,

As of now only FAS20XX,3XXX are supported in System Manager 1.0 Release.  You are right the changing the ShowUnsupportedSystems will allow you to manage but it not supported by NetApp

Thanks

Daniel

Public