Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Workflow for AFF

sheelnidhig

Hello Guys,

I was looking for an option to be able to have a workflow for All Flash FAS system.

We do have a Flash Pool and AFF within the same cluster group, now the challange is to be able to select the SSD or Hybrid Storage Array from a Workflow.

My Thoughts are:

- Have a Dedicated Resource pool from OnCommand Unified Manager (one for Hybrid Array and one for SSD Array), that would make easy selection for storage array.

- If I only have one Resource Pool from OnCommand Unified Manager, then the situation becomes little tricky, because then I have give a choice to user to select the Storage Type "SSD" or "Hybrid".

With the Second choice, I find it little tryciky because the powershell do show two type of RaidType "Normal" & "Hybrid". a Normal RaidType could be a simple SAS aggr as well.

Any Suggestation how possibily i can have a Workflow with second option where i only have one Resource Pool.

or if we have some workflow templates already created and published?

Thanks,

Sheelnidhi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

karale

I believe you are looking at some way of resource pooling your AFF. There is a SLO pack in automation store, which provides framework for managing your service levels. I am recommending aggregate mapping feature available with this Pack as one of the possible solution. You can create a new service called "AFF" and map aggregates from specific cluster into this service. Now we provide 2 workflows for creating a volume/LUN using this service level. This is just FYI. Refer document attached with the workflows in this pack to analyze if this can work for you.

Rajeev

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

karale

I believe you are looking at some way of resource pooling your AFF. There is a SLO pack in automation store, which provides framework for managing your service levels. I am recommending aggregate mapping feature available with this Pack as one of the possible solution. You can create a new service called "AFF" and map aggregates from specific cluster into this service. Now we provide 2 workflows for creating a volume/LUN using this service level. This is just FYI. Refer document attached with the workflows in this pack to analyze if this can work for you.

Rajeev

Public