Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Workflow user input dependency with a function?

kiessl

Hi to all,

with WFA 2.1 it is possible to create a dependency for a workflows user input field. As far as I have found out, this dependency can only refer to another user input field and a list of values for this other input field. The values have to be keyed in the field "applicable values".

Is there a possibilite to create a dependency of a user input field to a WFA function?

Why doing this? I have a user input field (e. g. field1) with 5 possible values. For 3 of those values I need an additional user input field (e. g. field2). In the current version I have to create a dependency for field2, which points to the 3 values of field1. Keying in those 3 values for one workflow is no problem, but I need this for several workflows. And the 3 values might change in the future. Thus I would have to change a lot of user input fields in several workflows. Using a central function for this would make this easier.

Thanks for your answers.

Best Regards

Walter

1 REPLY 1

paragp

Hi Walter, Unfortunately what you are saying is not possible. The only dependencies user inputs support are with other user input values. This is something we would want implement in a future version.

regards,

Parag

Public