Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

confirm SnapMirror connectivity when ping is disabled

CRAIGEGROSS

I need a way to confirm connectivity between two filers when ping is disabled across the different center machines.

Any help would be appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SUDHEER_H21

By default, SnapMirror checks host names in the /etc/snapmirror.allow file against the host name sent from the destination system. Alternatively, you can set SnapMirror to resolve the host names in the /etc/snapmirror.allow file to their IP addresses, and compare them with the IP address of the dest system. The snapmirror.checkip.enable option controls how the host names are checked. When the option is off, which is the default, the entries in the /etc/snapmirror.allow file must match the host name of the destination system. When the option is on, the source system resolves the names in the snapmirror.allow file to IP addresses and then checks for a match with the IP address of the requesting destination system. In this mode, literal IP addresses (for example, 123.45.67.89) and fully qualified names (for example, systemA.acme.com) can be valid entries in the /etc/snapmirror.allow file. Finally,

To configure SnapMirror to resolve host names to their IP addresses, enter the following command on the source system:

options snapmirror.checkip.enable on

Cheers.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

SUDHEER_H21

You might want to try " snapmirror status -i " command to monitor/verify status of your mirror.

CRAIGEGROSS

I am trying to confirm that we have connectivity before setting up the replication.  Our customer does not allow ping and I need to have a test confirmation condition for documentation purposes. Unfortunately everythign that i hav ebeen able to find only refers to "ping"

Thanks for your help!

SUDHEER_H21

By default, SnapMirror checks host names in the /etc/snapmirror.allow file against the host name sent from the destination system. Alternatively, you can set SnapMirror to resolve the host names in the /etc/snapmirror.allow file to their IP addresses, and compare them with the IP address of the dest system. The snapmirror.checkip.enable option controls how the host names are checked. When the option is off, which is the default, the entries in the /etc/snapmirror.allow file must match the host name of the destination system. When the option is on, the source system resolves the names in the snapmirror.allow file to IP addresses and then checks for a match with the IP address of the requesting destination system. In this mode, literal IP addresses (for example, 123.45.67.89) and fully qualified names (for example, systemA.acme.com) can be valid entries in the /etc/snapmirror.allow file. Finally,

To configure SnapMirror to resolve host names to their IP addresses, enter the following command on the source system:

options snapmirror.checkip.enable on

Cheers.

Public