Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

create database user on OCUM 6.0

stephen2

The install guide says to refer to the OCUM 6.0 guide, which is not on the NOW site yet.  Anyone have the procedure that can post it here?

Also, connecting to the WFA 1.2 database - got schema / credentials?

thanks

6 REPLIES 6

marz

sinhaa

To save you some reading effort:

@ Anyone have the procedure that can post it here?

-----

Login to the OCUM6.0 https://<server_ip_or_name>

Administration ->Manage Users ->Add User -> Type=Database User Give username and password :

@Also, connecting to the WFA 1.2 database - got schema / credentials?

----

I think you mean WFA 2.1, correct? WFA provides a a built-in Read Only user to see the WFA Data schema tables and Data.

localhost

Login: wfa

Password: Wfa123

By default Remote login is disabled.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

bigtruckguy

I had to create an actual user called wfa for OC 6.0; then I was able to connect.. Strange it didn't work with a different username.. Maybe its a RC issue..

sinhaa

bigtruckguy

@I had to create an actual user called wfa for OC 6.0; then I was able to connect.. Strange it didn't work with a different username.. Maybe its a RC issue..

----

Just trying to get it clear. You had to created a Database user called 'wfa' in OC6.0 for connecting and acquiring Data source of type OnCommand 6.0 (MySQL)  and any other name apart from 'wfa' wouldn't work. Correct?

This is not expected or correct behavior. I'll update on my findings.

Abhishek

WFA

NetApp India Inc.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

sinhaa

I see that any Database username works fine. Your failure might be due to some other reason.

bigtruckguy

maybe I fat fingered 2x.. Sorry. Thanks for the follow up though.

Public