Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

customise the dfm alert emails

MPERIYAK

All

We do get an email alert for the critical event Volume Full.

The volume full alert lists the volume name and the vFiler name but not the physical controller.

Is it possible to add the physical storage system name to this email alert. Can this be customized ?

Muru

5 REPLIES 5

vims

We do get an email alert for the critical event Volume Full.

The volume full alert lists the volume name and the vFiler name but not the physical controller.

Is it possible to add the physical storage system name to this email alert. Can this be customized ?

it is. this is the alert i usually get, once volume hits threshold. I think it depends on how you set your DFM (OM), (i.e. severity )

I set severity to Error or Worse

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

An Error event at 29 Sep 19:43 Pacific Daylight Time on Volume msdmp_sql_van_qadev on Active/Active Controller vaxx-netapp-xxx

The volume is 98.56% full (using 2.72 TB of 2.76 TB).

There is 1.45 TB of aggregate free space to expand the volume and 2.43 TB of spare disk space available for expanding the aggregate.

MPERIYAK

This is what I get

A Critical event at 30 Sep 16:13 Eastern Daylight Time on Volume volume1test on vFiler somehostname.xx.xx.com:

The volume is 99.40% full (using 511 GB of 514 GB).

There is 1.25 TB of aggregate free space to expand the volume and 5.25 TB of spare disk space available for expanding the aggregate.

May be the volume you have is on the active controller itself and not a part of a vFiler

vims

May be the volume you have is on the active controller itself and not a part of a vFiler

we have different volumes and they  belong to a vfilers etc. And we getting the same alerts as above.

But i believe hosting controller is listed in alert vs vfiler. (not sure)

adaikkap

Hi Murugappan,

The email alert on dfm cant be customized. But you should be able to get hosting filer details via the link in the alert that takes you to the DFM ui.

Other was is to attach a script to alert and get the hosting filer for the vfiler and then in turn generate a custom event with that details.

Regards

adai.

MPERIYAK

Hi adai

Thanks for the reply

Public