Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

global system-status configure disk thresholds

fletch2007

Hi - the filer's global system-status message is available via

SNMP OID .1.3.6.1.4.1.789.1.2.2.25.0

snmpwalk -v 2c -c public na01 .1.3.6.1.4.1.789.1.2.2.25.0
SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.789.1.2.2.25.0 = STRING: "The system's global status is normal. "

Are there filer volume usage thresholds that can be configured to affect this OID message?

I know where they are for Operations Manager - but I am after the filer's volume usage thresholds - Where are they?

thanks,

http://vmadmin.info

3 REPLIES 3

fletch2007

My DFM nearly full and full thresholds are set to 90/95% respectively.

the System-status message is not triggered until 98%

There seems to be a per filer 98% default threshold not affected by DFM config?

thanks to anyone who can show how to make the thresholds match (I'd like the system-status to change at 95%)

http://vmadmin.info

adaikkap

As you rightly said, the global system status comes from the OID's you mentioned, directly from filer.

DFM thresholds apply on the value of the disk usage collected by dfm and stored in the dfm database(sybase).

So there is no connection between these two, they are two independant values.

BTW the global system-status is just not the volumes going over 98% usage.There is more to it.

Regards

adai

sinhaa

Hi fletch2007,

@

I know where they are for Operations Manager - but I am after the filer's volume usage thresholds - Where are they?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't get what eaxctly you want to know? The title of your post is indicating something about disks but you are talking about volumes in the post.

Do you want to set a threshold on the volumes as per the filer?? i.e. filer A's all volumes to have nearly-full/full to be like 90/95 and that of B as 95/98?

@

My DFM nearly full and full thresholds are set to 90/95% respectively.

the System-status message is not triggered until 98%

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are global ( or group level) options for thresholds and there are local ( object level) options as well. If you haven't altered any setting , then global level should work for all the objects. If a user particularly wants to make it different for an object, he/she can set object level options as well. In this case global thresholds will be ignored for this particular object.

Are you looking for volume thresholds or disk thresholds?

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Public