Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

hopefully the last OPM 2.0 install issue

James_Castro

ran into another issue.  I have java installed but for some reason the installation is not seeing it.  any suggestions?

Error: Package: ocie-serverbase-1.3.0-2015.08.1013.x86_64 (/ocie-serverbase-1.3.0-2015.08.1013.x86_64)
           Requires: java-1.8.0-oracle >= 1.8.0.51
 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
 You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

[root@fgprd-oncommand-opm-app002 data]# java -version
java version "1.8.0_51"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_51-b16)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.51-b03, mixed mode)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

armelle

Your RHEL system has to be registered with Red hat. This is a requirement for Red Hat systems to use the RHEL repositories.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

armelle

Is this OPM 2.0 GA? If it is, OPM is dependant on the RHEL version of Java, not the Oracle generic one.  The steps in teh link will install the RHEL Java version:

https://library.netapp.com/ecmdocs/ECMP12406793/html/frameset.html

Specifically step 8. 

James_Castro

am I missing something here?

[root@fgprd-oncommand-opm-app002 ~]# subscription-manager repos --enable rhel-6-server-thirdparty-oracle-java-rpms
-bash: subscription-manager: command not found

asulliva

Are you using RHEL?  I believe it is a default package for RHEL...but if you're using CentOS (or other downstream distros) then it won't be available.

Here are the docs for Subscription Manager, if it helps.

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

armelle

Your RHEL system has to be registered with Red hat. This is a requirement for Red Hat systems to use the RHEL repositories.

James_Castro

I have the issue squared away.  I was able to get the customer to register the systems.  I ran into another issue though and will be posting it shortly.

onlinedpt

I have the same issue and don't have internet access from the host.

I have tried several version of JRE but can't seem to find the right one.

Where can I get the specific version that OPM 2.0 needs so I can install it manually???

onlinedpt

Downloading JRE from offical Oracle site didn't work but found what I needed here.

http://ftp.riken.jp/Linux/cern/slc63/x86_64/yum/updates/repoview/development.languages.group.html

chris_n

Which java did you use from http://ftp.riken.jp/Linux/cern/slc63/x86_64/yum/updates/repoview/development.languages.group.html to get this working? 

Which version of rhel were you using?

James_Castro

java-1.8.0-oracle

Rhel 6.5 (Santiago)

I was finally able to get the customer to let me use the company's rhel subscription

chris_n

Thanks

No luck with java-1.8.0-oracle although we are using

RHEL 7.1 (Maipo) and the new patched version 2.02 of PM

Public