Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

netapp-harvest 1.3 metro cluster 7mode

SrikanthReddy

Thanks Chris for harvest 1.3 release 

upgraded harvest to 1.3 with rpm on rhel and then tried to import metro cluster dashboard  db_netapp-detail-metrocluster.json

it imported all dashboards ,and had to revert to backup dashboards as we had few customizations on few 

looks like the metro cluster new dashboard is for cdot only ,we have 7mode metro filers ,

if you could add feature to import export one dashboard in future and 7mode metro dashboard as well 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

madden

Hi @SrikanthReddy

Sorry to hear your dashboards were overwritten.  Grafana provides no way to 'merge' customizations so when you import dashboards they will always be overwritten. For this reason, when customizing dashboards I recommend to 'save as' to your own name.

Regarding a dedicated 7-mode metrocluster dashboard I don't have plans to make one.  The reason is some counters don't exist in 7-mode, and while others do exist the effort to enable collection and visualize them is not high enough priority for me right now.

Cheers,
Chris Madden

Solution Architect - 3rd Platform - Systems Engineering NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

Blog: It all begins with data

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO or both!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

madden

Hi @SrikanthReddy

Sorry to hear your dashboards were overwritten.  Grafana provides no way to 'merge' customizations so when you import dashboards they will always be overwritten. For this reason, when customizing dashboards I recommend to 'save as' to your own name.

Regarding a dedicated 7-mode metrocluster dashboard I don't have plans to make one.  The reason is some counters don't exist in 7-mode, and while others do exist the effort to enable collection and visualize them is not high enough priority for me right now.

Cheers,
Chris Madden

Solution Architect - 3rd Platform - Systems Engineering NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

Blog: It all begins with data

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO or both!

Public