Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

old hostname showing in vol and aggr name in ops manager

jeremy_weber

We renamed a FAS250. The new hostname is showing up everywhere just fine except when we select the vol or aggr in Ops Manager. Refreshing the monitoring samples in the GUI or running the dfm host diag or discover did not solve. I know we can run the dfm host delete -f but do not want to lose the historical if possible. Has anyone ever seen this before? Any help? We have changed other filer host names in the past and have not had this issue.

6 REPLIES 6

kravi

This will require some diagnosis. Could you please share following commands output with us ?

prompt> dfm details <old_hostname>

prompt> dfm details <new_hostname>

prompt> dfm details <vol> (one problematic volume)

prompt> dfm details <aggr> (one problematic aggr)

Is this problem showing up for all volumes and aggrs under this storage system or only selected ones have this issue ?

kravi

We can discuss this issue here, but NGS would be a better alternative for such issues that require diagnosis.May I suggest you to provide above mentioned information to NGS and have them work on this issue.

Thanks !

avizlel

i have the same problem .

i have objects (like disks) that belong to a deleted host .

if i cannot send netapp my D.B. beceuse of security reasons ,do you have a suggestion how can i "clean" the D.B. ?

kravi

Could you please confirm following information ?

1. Are you using Operations Manager 3.7 ?

2. Did you rename your storage system ?

If your answer to above questions is yes, then it is a confirmed bug.

In either case, may I suggest you to open a case with NetApp Support,

so that it gets resolved in the upcoming releases of Operations Manager.

Thanks,

Ravindra

jeremy_weber

This is odd. So when I list all volumes or aggrs for the problem host, you can see it shows the old hostname in the full vol/aggr name. But when I run the dfm details on the vol or aggr it shows that there is no object????

F:\>dfm volume list apoazphoe19xxx
ID Volume Name Type Deleted Deleted By
---- ------------------------------------ ------------ -------- --------------
31585 apoazmesa01xxx:/vol0 Flexible No

31587 apoazmesa01xxx:/vol1 Flexible No

F:\>dfm details apoazmesa01xxx:/vol0
Error: There is no object named 'apoazmesa01xxx:/vol0'.

F:\>dfm aggr list apoazphoe19xxx
ID Aggregate Name Deleted Deleted By
---- ---------------------------------------- -------- ---------------
31583 apoazmesa01xxx:aggr0 No

F:\>dfm details apoazmesa01xxx:aggr0
Error: There is no object named 'apoazmesa01xxx:aggr0'.

Yes, all volumes and aggr's on this storage system have the issue. None of our other recently renamed storage systems have had this problem. I have a support ticket open but the solution was to do the dfm host delete - f which will remove all historical data on this storage system which we do not want to do if at all possible. So I wanted to ping other NetApp customers and admins to see if anyone has had this issue and how did they correct.

kravi

Given the fact that you don't want to force delete the host, the only suggestion I have is to get the DB repaired/fixed by NetApp. This means you could backup the DB (dfm backup) and provide it to NGS for fixing it. I guess this might be a repairable corruption in DB, but no guarantees because repair will depend on the amount of corruption inside the DB. Fixing it would require the list of volumes and aggregates that have wrong name and what is their correct name. Also, we will need log files to see why this has happened.

Thanks !

Public