Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

vFiler Reporting in OCUM

steve4

I am trying to create a custom report in OCUM/Ops Manager that reports all volumes on a controller(s) and notates which ones are vfilers.  I can get a report of all volumes that are in vfilers, but it doesn't include volumes in vfiler0...OR...I can get a report of every volume on the controller, but I can't tell if any of them are in a vfiler.  Is there a way to do this in OCUM?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated...thanks!

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

adaikkap

Hi Steve,

The new BIRT report in the OnCommand Console gives what you are looking for. One thing to note is that, it just the filer/vfiler under the column name Storage Server.

The old reporting infrastructure does not allow to report both filer and vfiler volume in one report.

Attached is the sample output for your reference.

Also pls take a look at this course on how to create and customize BIRT reports.

Regards

adai

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

adaikkap

Hi Steve,

The new BIRT report in the OnCommand Console gives what you are looking for. One thing to note is that, it just the filer/vfiler under the column name Storage Server.

The old reporting infrastructure does not allow to report both filer and vfiler volume in one report.

Attached is the sample output for your reference.

Also pls take a look at this course on how to create and customize BIRT reports.

Regards

adai

steve4

Thanks Adai - What version of OCUM is this available in - and does this report provide the same details for 7-mode (8.1.2P4).

steve4

Nevermind - we figured it out - just needed to use the add computed column feature - thanks!

Public