Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

writing a script for CIFS per client stats to populate that data in grafana

naveens17

I wrote a script to pull the per client stats using the object as 'client' but I am unable to see any data in graphite database.. any thing wrong with my script

##
%poller = (
##
## client counters
##

'client' =>

{

counter_list =>[qw(vserver_name node_name instance_name instance_uuid process_name
cifs_ops cifs_read_ops cifs_read_recv_size
cifs_write_ops cifs_write_recv_size)],

graphite_leaf => 'svm.{vserver_name}.{node_name}.{instance_uuid}.{instance_name}',
enabled => '1'

}

);

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

madden

Hi @naveens17

I found this KB for ONTAP 9 which say to use the top_client object.

I tried to check the instances using the harvest utility:

[root@sdt-poller util]# ./perf-counters-utility -host nltl-fas2520 -user admin -pass mySecret -f top_client -in
## Connected successfully to nltl-fas2520 running 92
This command does not support the 'top_client' object and other statistically tracked objects. 
Please use the "statistics start", "statistics stop", and "statistics show" commands.

If there is no instance list then Harvest is not going to be able to collect stats :-(.

I think a script that SSH to the cluster and do a 'statistics start', sleep 1hr, 'statistics stop', and 'statistics show' and send that to Graphite would be one way to go.

Probably not the answer you were looking for but hope this helps!

Cheers,

Chris Madden

Solution Architect - 3rd Platform - Systems Engineering NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

Blog: It all begins with data

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO or both!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Raks

madden

Hi @naveens17

I found this KB for ONTAP 9 which say to use the top_client object.

I tried to check the instances using the harvest utility:

[root@sdt-poller util]# ./perf-counters-utility -host nltl-fas2520 -user admin -pass mySecret -f top_client -in
## Connected successfully to nltl-fas2520 running 92
This command does not support the 'top_client' object and other statistically tracked objects. 
Please use the "statistics start", "statistics stop", and "statistics show" commands.

If there is no instance list then Harvest is not going to be able to collect stats :-(.

I think a script that SSH to the cluster and do a 'statistics start', sleep 1hr, 'statistics stop', and 'statistics show' and send that to Graphite would be one way to go.

Probably not the answer you were looking for but hope this helps!

Cheers,

Chris Madden

Solution Architect - 3rd Platform - Systems Engineering NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

Blog: It all begins with data

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO or both!

Public