Simulator Discussions

820(RC1) Simulate Install

MWISE_VOYANT

Running through the install and when configuring the management port I can't get past default gateway.  I leave it blank as directed and I get "0.0.0.0 is not a valid gateway address", any suggestions?

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4

venkat3

Hi Michael,

Would it be possible for you to post a screenshot depicting the problem.

>I leave it blank as directed

May i know what are you referring here?

-Srinivas

MWISE_VOYANT

Here is the screen shot when using a blank default gateway per the install instructions ...

venkat3

Thanks for the screenshot Michael

This helps in understanding the problem.

From the installation and setup guide.

--> http://support.netapp.com/NOW/knowledge/docs/simulate_ontap/Simulate_ONTAP_8.2_Installation_and_Setup_Guide.pdf

Have you performed the steps mentioned in - page 10 "Configuring network adapters on VMware Workstation"

You must configure network adapters on the VMware Workstation to support Simulate ONTAP on your laptop or desktop.

About this task

There are two virtual network configurations that you can use on your laptop or desktop:

•    Host-Only and Custom: All virtual interfaces used by Simulate ONTAP are set to host-only and

custom.

•    Bridged and Custom: Virtual network interface vmnet0 is set to bridged and all other interfaces

used by Simulate ONTAP are set to either host-only or custom.

If the virtual network interface vmnet0 is set as bridged, then you can use the physical Ethernet port

of your laptop to access all volumes created and mounted by using Data ONTAP. This works only if

the IP addresses and subnet are static in clustered Data ONTAP, or if 7-Mode operations support DHCP.

Steps

1.Click Start > All Programs > VMware > Virtual Network Editor

2.In the Virtual Network Editor window, select the virtual network interface as per your requirements.

3.click OK

After this - refer page 26 and complete the cluster setup

important thing to note on page 29 -- which shows -- no gateway needs to be provided.

Hope this helps

-srinivas

LEGORVITOV

I have the same issue with Fusion deployment - I put all network adapters to host only, and still see the issue

Public