Simulator Discussions

Re: ONTAP 9.3 Simulator

nbkyeyu

I am an engineer at Gemalto, and our external Key Manager is certified with Ontap 9.3 for external Key Management via KMIP.. I wanted to setup the KMIP communication from the Ontap Simulator to the Gemalto KeyManager to verify KMIP handshake...

AlexDawson

Ah, that is a different scenario then. Can you send your gemalto contact details through to my NetApp email address? (<firstname>.<lastname>@netapp.com) and I will find a contact for you to see what we can do.

GidonMarcus

Hi  @howard i have geed news for the dots endless-waiting.

in ONTAP 9.4 there's soft-zeroing feature (can't recall the branded name) that will elminate the very long wait required for this stage in the install.

Gidi

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK

Zubrania

When the  9.4 simulator  will be available for download&

howard

Sad to report...maybe the dots are not going across the screen like 9.3, but 9.4 cannot even get past starting cluster services. ...It just sits there......doing nothing all the while disk drives have the odd green flashing light.....so something is going on, but whatever it is has nothing to do with management ot creating a cluster.

Even after I have zero'd the disks, entered Node IP....then go to create the cluster......no response from this sim. Black Hole.

9.4 is no better than 9.3. 

I am giving up.....wasted far to much time on this already for no reaqson other than to be frustrated.

Earn Rewards for Your Review!
GPI Review Banner
All Community Forums
Public