Software Development Kit (SDK) and API Discussions

Re: Ontap API Performance monitoring: perf-object-get-instances parameters not consider.

So, looks like I'm a bit slow getting onto this... but 3 years later this still looks to be a problem??

The following still returns all volumes and all counters rather than what was specified.

# ./apitest.rb -x filer200 <user> <password> perf-object-get-instances objectname volume instances scratchpv counters avg_latency

Anyone have any updates?

Regards,

ajt.

Re: Ontap API Performance monitoring: perf-object-get-instances parameters not consider.

So, looks like I'm a bit slow getting onto this... but 3 years later this still looks to be a problem??

The following still returns all volumes and all counters rather than what was specified.

# ./apitest.rb -x filer200 <user> <password> perf-object-get-instances objectname volume instances scratchpv counters avg_latency

Anyone have any updates?

Regards,

ajt.

rle Netapp Alumni

The problem is that apitest doesn't take array input.  I would try the latest version of zexplorer.

Regards,

- Rick -

This may not help the original poster, but I found out how to do this using Perl. I wrote it up here: https://communities.netapp.com/thread/24839

I downloaded the modified perf_operation.pl script, but it didn't quite do what I wanted. Instead of iterating through the results, I was able to filter out specific statistics and only return those. It's useful if you're coding in Perl, but I have no idea how you'd be able to wrap a command-line interface around that.

Anyway, I'm adding this comment with a link in hopes that it will help someone else.

Chris

Forums