VMware Solutions Discussions

Highlighted

Re: Can't add ONTAP simulator host to DFM server

I am very grateful for your time and support 

Here is the screenshot for the first node:

Here is the screenshot for the second node:

What I did for the virtual machine configuration is following:

I changed two Network Adapters (3 and 4) from NAT to Bridged and left Host Only adapters as they were, changed Serial Ports as it is described in documentation. That's it.

Thanks a lot for any advice.

Regards,

Hasmik

Highlighted

Hi.  Your virtual machine settings and IP configuration look good, although you have one extra adapter which I assume you left unconfigured, which is fine.  Did you configure DNS and gateway correctly?  I noticed in the dfm host diag screenshot that your SNMP sysname wasn't fully qualified, whereas the output to mine is. This may be a possible issue.  Here is sample output from event log:

snmp.agent.resp.failed: Could not send response to host : 10.10.202.48 : reason : Failure could be due to either DNS/gateway misconfiguration or takeover/giveback in progress

snmp.agent.resp.failed

This message occurs when the SNMP daemon attempts to send a response, and the attempt fails.

Check your network configuration, primarily the DNS and gateway setup. The SNMP send response might also fail if a takeover/giveback was in progress or a forced reboot was performed

Highlighted

Hi

I didn't manage to make SNMP work. So decided to try to do the same configuration on ESXI host. I do hope it will work.

Thank you very much for your help! I do appriciate your time and support, at least I learnt a lot

Regards,

Hasmik

Check out the KB!
Knowledge Base
All Community Forums