VMware Solutions Discussions

Can't add ONTAP simulator host to DFM server

HASMIK_HAYRAPETYAN

Hi all,

I have configured clustered ONTAP simulator after opening virtual machine (downloaded from NetApp site) in VMware workstation - configured Network Adapter to use NAT, created cluster and assigned 192.168.40.1 IP Address to it, created aggregate, lif and volumes.

I am trying to add host from DFM server installed on another machine using the host IP where I have the virtual machine with clustered ONTAP, but it can't recognize the IP and gives error with timeout.

Can you give me a hint what I might done wrong or incomplete?

Regards,

Hasmik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

resqme914

The snmp on the simulated node is working now.  If you notice, your latest screenshot shows SNMPv1 Passed, whereas it was failing (failed: timeout) in the original screenshot.  I'm not sure what the problem is now.  Maybe the network settings are still incorrect?  I hate to keep asking you to post screenshots, but can you please post your Virtual Machine Settings (I'm interested in the network adapters) and also a screenshot of the CLI command "network interface show"?  I am leaving work for the day so I won't be able to respond until tomorrow.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Public