VMware Solutions Discussions

Deciphering the switch config - How to configure single, multi and LACP vifs

kusek

This has always been a particularly challenging debate for a number of people.

As businesses grow, there is often separation of Storage, from Networking, from Operations, from systems.

End result is a lot of cooks in the kitchen, but no one true recipe to reference that everyone can agree upon.

I'm looking to put an end to that debate, atleast in the pockets which will support it.

So, the question I raise out to you folks - Interested in seeing a solid, best practice, confirmed and validated "Switch Configuration" tutorial for VIFS?

I will not guarantee every configuration the world may offer, but some definite guidance, best practices, and "working configs" of the world - Starting with Cisco.

While not every switch is created equal (IOS vs CATOS, etc) there are some things we can all agree on - That every configuration should meet a baseline.

If the interest is there, I'll build out my lab, test, validate and open the 'suggested' config to the masses for your thoughts on the matter.

So, the ball is in your court - Interested in not having to re-invent the wheel when it comes to get a networking config validated?

Take care,

christopher

11 REPLIES 11
Public