VMware Solutions Discussions

Re: VSC 7.1 with vSphere 6.7

Hi Larry,

Information about the VSC 7.2.1 upgrade issue has gone out to the global virtualization support team.  It's possible that some L1 TSE is not aware of this.

My rule of thumb is if you feel you are not getting the level of support you need, ask for the duty manager and explain your need.   If you share a case number we can help with this, too.

I am sorry for the run around!

---Karl

Karl,

my case number is:  2007766674

Thank you for your help.. It is greatly appreciated!

The current support engineer wants to return my case to an archived state.  

Larry B.

Hi Karl,

i have a ticket open with Support 2007769344, and like Larry , i am being told by support to keep an eye on the BugWatcher, that there is no officeial fix as of yet.

thansk & Reagrds

paul

Hi Paul,

It looks like Support got back to you on this today.  But let me know if you need further assistance.

---Karl 

We are currently starting our VM upgrade to ESXi 6.7U1 and also need NetApp VSC to work properly.

Information I have, is that when ESXi 6.7 Update 2 is released, it will Remove the Web Client and will not be available.

That being said, since NetApp states:

HTML5 compatible plug-in available for preview, You must use the HTML5 feature only for lab environments.

When will the plug-in for HTML5 work as needed and not just a Read-Only as stated?

Thanks,

-joe

Joe,

Coud you please share the source of 6.7u2 killing the Flash Web Client?

@JAL wrote:

Information I have, is that when ESXi 6.7 Update 2 is released, it will Remove the Web Client and will not be available.

I was monitoring the development of HTML5 Client and VMWare kinda said Flash Web Client would go away in 6.7.0 (https://blogs.vmware.com/vsphere/2017/08/goodbye-vsphere-web-client.html) but didn't happen. BTW I'm all for the Flash Web Client retirement.

Thanks!

Hi,

I am happy to announce that we have posted VSC 7.2.1P1 today, which addresses the upgrade failures seen by some customers.  It has been tested with a broad variety of upgrade sequences, including those I described in my earlier message.  Just go to download 7.2.1, and you will be directed to 7.2.1P1.

I am also happy to announce that we have updated our IMT listing to clarify that this release is supported with all vCenter 6.5 releases as well as vCenter 6.7 and 6.7U1.

It's just a happy day for me.  :-)

---Karl

@AnotherStorageGuy wrote:

I was monitoring the development of HTML5 Client and VMWare kinda said Flash Web Client would go away in 6.7.0 (https://blogs.vmware.com/vsphere/2017/08/goodbye-vsphere-web-client.html) but didn't happen.

Right, and even that article indicates 6.7 would be the last release for the Flash/Flex Web client:

The next version of vSphere will be the terminal release for which vSphere Web Client will be available.

I think VMware may be making some other changes with 6.7U2, but I am not aware that this would discontinue Flash client support.  In any event we are targeting the next release of the VSC to include an HTML5 version with full functionality, and usability improvements.

---Karl

---Karl

I was in a VM 6.7 class 2 weeks ago to try and get some hands on prior to upgrading our 6.0 environment.  The instructor told us 6.7U2 would not include the Web client anymore and move entirely to the HTML5 client.  I haven't been able to verify it but, thought it worth passing along since this thread directly affects us also.

-joe

Forums