Who Me Too'd this topic

About VMware Solutions Discussions
Talk with other users about your NetApp data storage solutions and VMware server and desktop virtualization solutions, as well as NetApp Virtual Storage Console (VSC) for VMware’s vSphere cloud computing foundation.

VMWare vSphere 6 7-Mode NetApp VASA provider?

Hi 

I just wanted to get confirmation from anyone if VASA provider is supported on a NetApp filer running 7-Mode 8.2.3 with VMware vSphere 6 as the vCenter server and hypervisor. I have installed VASA provider 1.0.1 which is the latest for 7-mode. 

I am having all sorts of issues with rollling out VASA on our Live production servers even though I have tested at our DR site with the same vSphere versions and it is working as expected. The only differerence is at DR we use a FAS2240-4 and at Production we use hardware comprising of a FAS8020. Both are running 7-mode 8.2.3.

I initialy installed VASA provider on a seperate server, this didnt work, I then found a workaround where it could be installed on the vCentre server however it would require the use of a differnet port than the default. I changed the port to 8444 rather than 8443. I have also turned the firewall off the windows machine, this hasn't helped. 

I am getting the following errors: 

when attempting to register VASA provider I get the following messages:

netapp_vasa_mod1.jpg

Any suggestions on what it could be. 

Who Me Too'd this topic