Who Me Too'd this topic

About Software Development Kit (SDK) and API Discussions
Share and connect with other developers using NetApp's SDKs and APIs for Data ONTAP and OnCommand, FPolicy, SnapMirror and Plug-ins.

Ontap API Performance monitoring: perf-object-get-instances parameters not consider.

Hi,

I recently begin to work on Netapp API to gather Performance monitoring using Perl Ontap API 3.0. I look the perf_operation.pl which is quite complete !

But, I'm looking for a script that can get Per instances performance stats, per example, let say that I would like to query avg_latency for a specific Volume. Following the documentation I should use the API perf-object-get-instances and include parameters such as this example using the Windows command line tool:

manage-ontap-sdk-3.0\bin\nt>apitest.exe netapp01 <USER> <PASSWORD> perf-object-get-instances objectname volume instances vol0 counters avg_latency

The problem here is that the output of the command is ALL counters for All volumes on the filer. I also try this API using Perl and zeplorer.exe; they all ignore instances and counters inputs.

Any idea ? Could it be a API bug ?

Thanks a lot.

Who Me Too'd this topic