Who Me Too'd this topic

About Data Infrastructure Management Software Discussions
Connect with peers about the NetApp OnCommand suite of storage management software, including OnCommand Unified Manager, OnCommand System Manager, OnCommand Insight, OnCommand Balance, and OnCommand Workflow Automation.

NFS Create Export command - question about global export

I discovered that in the Create Export command WFA tests for the presence of Read-Write hosts & Read-Only hosts and if none are provided the NFS share is exported with global access to everyone.  In our environment this is forbidden due to security guidelines and so I'd like to do the opposite - if no RW or RO hosts are provided the share is exported to no one.  I believe I found the Powershell code in the command where this occurs:

######################################

if (!$RWhosts -and !$ROhosts)

{

$RWhosts = "all-hosts"

}

$expression += " -Root " + (Format-Array -Array $Roothosts) + " -ReadOnly " + (Format-Array -Array $ROhosts) + " -ReadWrite " + (Format-Array -Array $RWhosts)

######################################

What I don't know is the value that should replace "all-hosts" to do this.  Is there a "no-hosts" option from an API perspective?  I'll just create a clone of this command and call it something like "Create Export-GlobalForbidden" or something like that with this value changed to prevent global access.  Alternatively, maybe I just need to rip out this if statement altogether and not set RWhosts to "all-hosts" - I'll play around with it the meantime to see if I can find the answer.  Thanks!

-Dave

Who Me Too'd this topic