Data ONTAP PowerShell Toolkit 3.2
2014-10-15 10:10 AM
Hi PowerShell community,
Glad to announce availability of Data ONTAP PowerShell Toolkit Version 3.2.
The Data ONTAP PowerShell Toolkit can be downloaded from the NetApp support site: http://support.netapp.com/NOW/download/tools/powershell_toolkit/
Version 3.2 release notes:
- Data ONTAP 8.3 API support
Toolkit 3.2 includes API coverage for Data ONTAP 8.3. This includes 126 new cmdlets and 31 cmdlets with new parameters. There are several categories introduced in Data ONTAP 8.3 and Toolkit 3.2 introduces two of them, namely MetroCluster and Storage Pool.
The following clustered Data ONTAP categories contain new cmdlets:
- aggr (16 cmdlets)
- cifs (13 cmdlets)
- metrocluster (new category - 26 cmdlets)
- net (48 cmdlets)
- ipspace (4 cmdlets)
- firewall (10 cmdlets)
- failover group (4 cmdlets)
- subnet (5 cmdlets)
- port broadcast domain (7 cmdlets)
- route (4 cmdlets)
- arp (5 cmdlets)
- ndp (9 cmdlets)
- storage pool (new category - 8 cmdlets)
- snapmirror (1 cmdlets)
- vserver (7 cmdlets)
- Get-NaDiskwill use storage-disk-get-iter when available.
- ConvertTo-NaVhdx will create a fully-allocated dynamic VHDX instead of a fixed-size VHDX.
- Invoke-NcSysstat now works with Data ONTAP 8.3
- Fibre channel port information has been added to the output of Get-NaHostFcAdapter.
- ConvertTo-NaVmdk could fail when connecting to a vserver management LIF that is also a CIFS data LIF and a network name was used.
- ConvertTo-NaVmdk could fail when connecting to a vserver by name when DNS round robin is used.
- Set-NcTime would fail for Data ONTAP 8.2 and higher.
- Reset-NcCifsPassword did not have a default parameter set.
- Get-NaVol could fail in the vfiler context.
Check out "Making the Most of Data ONTAP PowerShell Toolkit" for more details on the new features. If you're new to PowerShell or the Toolkit, you might want to start with our "Getting Started" slides