Who Me Too'd this topic

About Data Infrastructure Management Software Discussions
Connect with peers about the NetApp OnCommand suite of storage management software, including OnCommand Unified Manager, OnCommand System Manager, OnCommand Insight, OnCommand Balance, and OnCommand Workflow Automation.

OCUM / OPM growth rate interval

About this volume alert … Volume Growth Rate Abnormal :

Growth Rate

Specifies the percentage at which a volume's growth rate is considered to be normal before the system generates a Volume Growth Rate Abnormal event.

Growth Rate Sensitivity

Specifies the factor that is applied to the standard deviation of a volume's growth rate. If the growth rate exceeds the factored standard deviation, a Volume Growth Rate Abnormal event is generated.

A lower value for growth rate sensitivity indicates that the volume is highly sensitive to changes in the growth rate.

The defaults are 3% for growth rate and 2.0 for growth rate sensitivity. But at what time intervals it measures the growth rate for a volume? Does it compare growth rate between two poll intervals (15 min)?

I tried to simulate this by growing at 10,20,40% and rediscovering after each growth but didn’t get the alert.

Who Me Too'd this topic