AFF

AFF200 cifs Quota don't initialize

thomas382

Hi there;

I am facing a problem with the quotas of my cifs svm, i have 4 volumes there with qtree quotas enabled, 3 volumes are fine but 1 makes problems:

quota.jpg

when i try to enable the quota i receive this Error: Job failed: The specified qtree does not exist

cluster1::> volume quota on -vserver svm_cifs -volume vol2_home -foreground
[Job 6282] Running: Sending quota rules. 100 Quota rules sent.

Error: command failed: [Job 6282] Job failed: The specified qtree does not exist.

cluster1::>

Does anyone know how to solve it?

Thanks a lot, Thomas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GidonMarcus

Hi

it's documented under this BUG # https://mysupport.netapp.com/NOW/cgi-bin/bol?Type=Detail&Display=1126163

i suggest running

quota policy rule show -volume <vol name> -fields Qtree

and

qtree show -volume <vol name> -fields Qtree

putting them one by one in excel and see what the extra record is.

There maybe other ways. or a more detailed message in EMS. but i think that's an easy approach.

Gidi

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

GidonMarcus

Hi

it's documented under this BUG # https://mysupport.netapp.com/NOW/cgi-bin/bol?Type=Detail&Display=1126163

i suggest running

quota policy rule show -volume <vol name> -fields Qtree

and

qtree show -volume <vol name> -fields Qtree

putting them one by one in excel and see what the extra record is.

There maybe other ways. or a more detailed message in EMS. but i think that's an easy approach.

Gidi

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK

View solution in original post

Singhz

Hi

I'm having the exact same problem. Running the two commands, I get the same result apart from 1 extra entry when running the second command. The extra qtree listed is the root, shown as "".

I use the standard default rule on all qtree. 

Probably not revelant, but i am running FAS8200 9.3P4

Where do i go from here?

Thanks

M

Bibinraj

Check the output again and make sure it is extactly same.  In my case, i have renamed qtree which i created intially because of the typo but the quota policy rule  was showing the old qtree name. I have deleted the old rule and i am able to activate.

Second command will display the extra qtree listed as root. I think it is normal

Singhz

Sorry, I forgot to update this after fixing the problem a while ago. 

For the benefit of others experiencing the same issue, I had two quota policy rules that were referencing the qtree's by the path rather that the qtree name itself. I removed the quota policy RULE and recreated them by referencing the qtree name. I was able to activate the quota on the volume after this.

Hope this helps.

thomas382

Hi marcus;

Thanks, perfect answer, its running again.

Greetings, Thomas

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public