Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

How to get list of snapshots

slair

Hello,

I am working to create a workflow that does a flexclone of a volume/snapshot.  I need to be able to present the user a list of snapshots on a volume and then clone the volume based on the user selected snapshot.  I tried creating a user input variable of type Query, and used the following simple query for a test:

SELECT name

FROM storage.snapshot

When i click on test, i do not get any results at all.  How can i query for a list of snapshots on a volume?

Thanks

Sean

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

goodrum

You need to enable Snapshot caching.  Open the WFA web page and go to Tools > WFA Configuration.  Go the the 'Other' tab and remove the 'storage.snapshot' entry.

Jeremy Goodrum, NetApp

The Pirate

Twitter: @virtpirate

Blog: www.virtpirate.com

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

goodrum

You need to enable Snapshot caching.  Open the WFA web page and go to Tools > WFA Configuration.  Go the the 'Other' tab and remove the 'storage.snapshot' entry.

Jeremy Goodrum, NetApp

The Pirate

slair

That was it, thanks!  Here is what i used for the SQL Query for the User Input:

SELECT snapshot.name

FROM storage.snapshot, storage.volume

WHERE

volume_id = volume.id

AND volume.name = ${source_volume}

rramirez

Hi Jeremy,

Where can I find this option in version 2.1RC1?

Thanks!

goodrum

Ok, it took me a little to figure it out because I haven't looked since the upgrade.  Go to the Dictionary page and look at the 'Acquisition Enabled' column (should be the fifth column).  Filter on False to see the Dictionary items that are not cached.  Right Click on the Dictionary that you want to enable and select 'Enable Acquisition'

Jeremy Goodrum, NetApp

The Pirate

rramirez

Worked like a charm.

Thanks!

Public