Cloud Discussions

AltaVault Virtual Appliance; Expand Harddisk

josephtan88

Hi all,

I am doing a test. It involves Veeam backup to AltaVault(VMware) to Azure.

On the second harddisk for AltaVault, i set it as 100GB, but now due to lack of space, i wanted to expand it again by 100GB.
But after expanding by 100GB and rebooting Altavault, i am unable to start the service. 

Cloud consistency issue.

May i know if there is a proper way to expand the hard disk in altavault?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1

chriswong

Hi,

You can update the size of the cache that AVA-v uses. First, shut down the AltaVault appliance using the Maintenance > Shut down screen. From VMware, then edit the VM and modify the 2nd disk to the new size 200GB in this case). Note: the disk is the one you added during the deployment of AVA-v from the template, and is not the first disk (the AVA operating system disk). Once done expanding the disk, you can boot AVA-v, and it should detect the new size properly.

The cloud consistency error seems to be something else entirely and not related to the disk - perhaps something tied to you not cleanly shutting down the AVA-v VM while operations were ongoing with the cloud. Assuming this is a test environment, I'd suggest starting over from a data standpoint. From AVA-v command line after the VM boots (connect to the command line via an SSH session), you can issue the following:

enable

configure terminal

no service enable

datastore format all (note: this wipes the cloud and cache of data, and assumes the cache expansion issue is resolved per above)

stats clear-all

logging files rotation force

service enable

Regards,

Christopher

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public