Cloud Insights

Cloud Insight AWS EC2 EBS monitoring for region ap-east-1

ACW-CalvinWong

hi all,

I would like to monitor ec2 and ebs which are located in ap-east-1, but can't find this option, anyway to monitor this region's resources via cloud insight?

ACWCalvinWong_0-1649426085686.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ostiguy

Hey Calvin,

I thought this was fixed, but we are also intending to get rid of this entirely because this collector is now multi-region - it should automagically discover everything across all regions.

In the short term, I would try using us-east-1 as a value, but so long as your credentials are valid, I believe we should discover all the accounts your account has access to, and all the EC2/EBS resources in them across all geographies.

If you want to send me a Private Message with your CI tenant URL, I can look a bit deeper

Thanks,

Matt

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ostiguy

Hey Calvin,

I thought this was fixed, but we are also intending to get rid of this entirely because this collector is now multi-region - it should automagically discover everything across all regions.

In the short term, I would try using us-east-1 as a value, but so long as your credentials are valid, I believe we should discover all the accounts your account has access to, and all the EC2/EBS resources in them across all geographies.

If you want to send me a Private Message with your CI tenant URL, I can look a bit deeper

Thanks,

Matt

ACW-CalvinWong

just test it works by randomly select any region, much thanks~

ACW-CalvinWong

Hi Matt, thx for quick reply! I am also trying on the azure connector, thx!

let me try again with us-east-1, should have any further issues will further let you know!

Thanks,
Calvin

ostiguy

Hey Calvin,

Azure's APIs are region neutral, whereas Amazon has a lot of $service.$region.someamazon.domain.here API endpoint hostnames. This won't be a problem with our Azure, or Azure NetApp Files collectors

Matt

Public