Cloud Volumes ONTAP

Cloud Manager blue xp upgrade

Mohi1

Hi All,

We need to upgrade the cloud manager from 9.13  - 9.14.1 , is there any prerequites before we can go for an upgrade

like any IMT checks, we only have cifs share in environment . will there be any downtime required while upgrade

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Adithya_Kameswaran

Hello Mohisina, 

There is no IMT or an upgrade advisory for a Cloud Volumes ONTAP upgrade. 

As mentioned earlier by David, upgrading an HA pair is nondisruptive and I/O is uninterrupted. During this nondisruptive upgrade process, each node is upgraded in tandem to continue serving I/O to clients. Whereas, When you upgrade a single-node system, the upgrade process takes the system offline for up to 25 minutes, during which I/O is interrupted.

With that being said, you can follow the below CVO Upgrade overview which acts like a guide to help you with performing the required prechecks, procedure to upgrade the CVO system from BlueXP and the commands to perform a basic health check of the system post upgrade:

CVO Upgrade Overview

Prechecks :

1. Procedure to upgrade using BXP upgrade notification: click Here.
  2. For steps to upgrade from CVO image using http server or connector click Here.

Post upgrade health checks :

Run the below commands to verify the status of the nodes, aggregates etc., after the Cloud Volumes ONTAP upgrade.

::> rows 0

::> cluster show

::> node show

::> network interface show

::> network port show

::> system health status show

::> system health subsystem show

::> storage aggregate show

::> volume show

::> storage failover show

Reference : Upgrade Cloud Volumes ONTAP software | NetApp Documentation

Regards

Adithya K

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

dbenadib

Hi,

Cloud Manager has been renamed by BlueXP 🙂 I believe that you want to upgrade Cloud Volume ONTAP from 9.13.0 to 9.14.1. 

Generally there is no worries or additional checks required when upgrading from 9.13.1 to 9.14.1 but check against 3rd party vendor like Varonis or any backup software if you have so.

If you have an HA mod cluster then upgrade will be non disruptive (Only session will be broken which might have a minimal impact on client while browsing shares for example).

If you have a single instance then reboot will create a ~10-15 min downtime from my experience.

HTH

David B 

Adithya_Kameswaran

Hello Mohisina, 

There is no IMT or an upgrade advisory for a Cloud Volumes ONTAP upgrade. 

As mentioned earlier by David, upgrading an HA pair is nondisruptive and I/O is uninterrupted. During this nondisruptive upgrade process, each node is upgraded in tandem to continue serving I/O to clients. Whereas, When you upgrade a single-node system, the upgrade process takes the system offline for up to 25 minutes, during which I/O is interrupted.

With that being said, you can follow the below CVO Upgrade overview which acts like a guide to help you with performing the required prechecks, procedure to upgrade the CVO system from BlueXP and the commands to perform a basic health check of the system post upgrade:

CVO Upgrade Overview

Prechecks :

1. Procedure to upgrade using BXP upgrade notification: click Here.
  2. For steps to upgrade from CVO image using http server or connector click Here.

Post upgrade health checks :

Run the below commands to verify the status of the nodes, aggregates etc., after the Cloud Volumes ONTAP upgrade.

::> rows 0

::> node show

::> network interface show

::> network port show

::> system health status show

::> system health subsystem show

::> storage aggregate show

::> volume show

::> storage failover show

Reference : Upgrade Cloud Volumes ONTAP software | NetApp Documentation

Regards

Adithya K

Hi Adithya, Thank you for the response, can you let me know what is changing in 9.14.p1 from 9.13

Public