Data Backup and Recovery

After install plugin remote over GUI snapcenter host core service is unreachable

GREGD

Snapcenter 4.1.1.

Host is a Windows 2019 datacenter, i check and this should be supported.

I have one question i installed successfully remote plugin over GUI. All services are installed on host and running(2 plugin,core service) I can restart it.  I see also under instances th databases.

After installation i want to config the plugin but i canot do it. first services are running. after 5 minutes host ist down and i restart all 3 services on host. i also restart the snapcenter server . but still host is down. under details i see snapcenter host core service is unreachable.

Can someone help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mrahul

This is a known issue with SnapCenter 4.1.1/4.2 versions with Windows 2019 Server OS

Make sure you start the Microsoft ISCSI Initiator server service on the Plugin host.

TITLE: SnapCenter Server 4.1.1 reports Windows 2019 hosts as down or inaccessible with no plugins installed

DESCRIPTION: If SnapCenter Server 4.1.1 is installed on a Windows 2019 host, it will report that the host is down or inaccessible with no plugins installed. The overall status of the service is marked as Stopped.

WORKAROUND:
1. On SQL node/nodes: 

•  Open Windows Explorer
  •  Navigate to folder "<sc_install_drive>:\Program Files\NetApp\SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft Windows"
  •  Modify the file "SnapDriveService.exe.Config" and add the below line under <appsettings>:

<add key="usecmdletforinitiatordiscovery2019" value="false" />

2. Restart following services:

• "SnapCenter SMCore Service"
  • "SnapCenter Plug-in for Windows Service"

3. From SnapCenter GUI refresh the assets:

• SnapCenter -> [Resources] -> [File Systems] -> [Refresh Resources]
  • SnapCenter -> [Hosts]  -> <mark host xxxx> -> [Refresh VM]

Same goes for 

https://kb.netapp.com/Advice_and_Troubleshooting/Data_Protection_and_Security/SnapCenter/SCSQL_verification_job_fails_to_discover_initiators_on_Window...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

GREGD

now i check the logs of plugin installation

SnapManagerWeb_164020.log ERROR 2020-04-23T18:41:10.5085362+02:00 ERROR SnapManagerWeb_164020 PID=[7016] TID=[39] Exception in RefreshPluginsOnHost: System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.100.64:8145 at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress) at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.WebClient.UploadDataInternal(Uri address, String method, Byte[] data, WebRequest& request) at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(Uri address, String method, String data) at SnapMgrHelper.RestAdapter.InvokeXML[TReq,TRes](TReq request, String methodType, String remoteURL, Boolean xmlSerializer, Boolean removeXMLNamespace, Boolean dataContractDeserializer, Boolean logRequest, Boolean logResponse) at SnapManager.SMSDAL.HostManageDAL.DiscoverPlugins(SmDiscoverPluginRequest drequest) at SnapManager.SMSDAL.HostManageDAL.RefreshPluginsOnHost(SmDiscoverPluginRequest request)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SnapManagerWeb_164020.log ERROR 2020-04-23T18:41:10.5085362+02:00 ERROR SnapManagerWeb_164020 PID=[7016] TID=[39] Exception in method: InvokeXML. System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.100.64:8145 at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress) at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.WebClient.UploadDataInternal(Uri address, String method, Byte[] data, WebRequest& request) at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(Uri address, String method, String data) at SnapMgrHelper.RestAdapter.InvokeXML[TReq,TRes](TReq request, String methodType, String remoteURL, Boolean xmlSerializer, Boolean removeXMLNamespace, Boolean dataContractDeserializer, Boolean logRequest, Boolean logResponse) : Detailed Exception Unable to connect to the remote server. No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.100.64:8145 : BaseException System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.100.64:8145 at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress) at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)

mrahul

This is a known issue with SnapCenter 4.1.1/4.2 versions with Windows 2019 Server OS

Make sure you start the Microsoft ISCSI Initiator server service on the Plugin host.

TITLE: SnapCenter Server 4.1.1 reports Windows 2019 hosts as down or inaccessible with no plugins installed

DESCRIPTION: If SnapCenter Server 4.1.1 is installed on a Windows 2019 host, it will report that the host is down or inaccessible with no plugins installed. The overall status of the service is marked as Stopped.

WORKAROUND:
1. On SQL node/nodes: 

•  Open Windows Explorer
  •  Navigate to folder "<sc_install_drive>:\Program Files\NetApp\SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft Windows"
  •  Modify the file "SnapDriveService.exe.Config" and add the below line under <appsettings>:

<add key="usecmdletforinitiatordiscovery2019" value="false" />

2. Restart following services:

• "SnapCenter SMCore Service"
  • "SnapCenter Plug-in for Windows Service"

3. From SnapCenter GUI refresh the assets:

• SnapCenter -> [Resources] -> [File Systems] -> [Refresh Resources]
  • SnapCenter -> [Hosts]  -> <mark host xxxx> -> [Refresh VM]

Same goes for 

https://kb.netapp.com/Advice_and_Troubleshooting/Data_Protection_and_Security/SnapCenter/SCSQL_verification_job_fails_to_discover_initiators_on_Window...

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public