Effective December 3, NetApp adopts Microsoft’s Business-to-Customer (B2C) identity management to simplify and provide secure access to NetApp resources.
For accounts that did not pre-register (prior to Dec 3), access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour as your legacy NSS ID is synchronized to the new B2C identity.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Data Backup and Recovery

Backup finished with exception - an error occurred while generating the index

Marius00

Hi everyone,

I'm using SMSP 8.2 for backing up our Sharepoint 2013 environment which consists of

- Server 1 (Server 2012 R2): Sharepoint-Server, SMSP Agent and Snapdrive 7.1 installed.

- Server 2 (Server 2012 R2): SQL Server (2012) with SMSP Agent, Snapdrive 7.1 and SMSQL 7.2 installed.

- Server 3 (Server 2012 R2): SMSP Server, SnapDrive 7.1 installed and mounted LUN for Backup data.

The Job monitor logs with status "finished with exceptions".

Details tell me:

Type: Item Index

Source_Name: WSS_Content

Comment: An error occured while generating the index. An error occured while cloning the temporary database. Details: WSS_Content.

The content database (WSS_Content) itself is being backuped successfully.

Thanks in advance.

Marius

3 REPLIES 3

Marius00

During backup the following two errors occure in the sql server eventlog:

SMSP8 Agent Service Error ID 8101

Failed to execute the command.
 Parameter:  clone-backup -Server "s2001" -ServerInstance "S2001\SHAREPOINT" -Database 'WSS_Content' -TargetDatabase 'BAK_2E86B77CDD4CA3F4203A746885BAE27464747ED2_20151123085453' -TransLogsToApply 0 -TargetServerInstance "S2001" -Backup "sqlsnap__s2001_11-23-2015_08.54.44" -ForceRestore:$True -RecoverDatabase:$True -apicontext:$True -verbose:$True
 Command Name:  clone-backup
 Cause: ExistedErrorMessageWhenExecuteCommandException: An error occurred while executing the command.
 Error Message: Pipeline State Changed to Failed:
The database 'WSS_Content' from SQL server instance 'S2001\SHAREPOINT' was not found in the backup 'sqlsnap__s2001_11-23-2015_08.54.44' to be restored.

More Information: http://www.avepoint.com/community/event-id/?id=8101

SMSP8 Agent Service Error ID 8407

Failed to operate the database.
 Database Name:  System.String[]
 Database Type:  Temp Database
 Operation Type:  Mount
 Cause: ExistedErrorInSMSQLException: An error occurred in SMSQL.
 Error Message: Clone database failed.

More Information: http://www.avepoint.com/community/event-id/?id=8407

Edit: I've separated the indexing job, but the job fails with the same errors. If I backup without granularity (so no index needs to be created) the backup is successful.

j1mm7

Hi,

Did you get a fix for this?

Thanks

Sahana

Hi,

This might be related to http://mysupport.netapp.com/NOW/cgi-bin/bol?Type=Detail&Display=869173, please call support.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public