Data Backup and Recovery

Can you show me your output for "./sdconfcheck check" (AIX preferred)

peterkain42

I've installed SnapDrive for UNIX 4.2 on an AIX 5.3 TL 12 system and have run into some problems.

Both myself and the VAR confirmed our software on the Matrix but when I run the ".sdconfcheck check" the last line bothers me but I have nothing to compare it with. If someone can post their output it would help. Any feed back is appreciated. 

bash-2.05b# ./sdconfcheck check

Detected PowerPC Architecture

Detected IBM AIX OS

Detected FCP on AIX

Detected   AIX JFS File System

Detected   AIX JFS2 File System

Detected   AIX Native LVM

Detected   AIX Native MPIO

Did not find any supported cluster solutions.

Detected   IBM AIX FCP Support Kit 4.1

Detected   IBM AIX iSCSI Initiator Support Kit 1.1

Did not find any supported configurations by SDU Version 4.2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

aborzenkov

No, I do not have UNIX, but example of sdcheck output can be found in SD documentation.

May be you have some old version setting on your hard drive somewhere? Does sdconfcheck has some logs where it looks for things? As a last resort, UNIX often has utilities to trace process execution (which files are opened and commands started). It is usually called truss on “classical” UNIX and strace on Linux. Does AIX have something similar?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

aborzenkov

You seem to have old host utilities version. According to IMT SDU 4.2 for AIX requires at least HU 4.2.

peterkain42

Nice, thank you.

Given that we have installed Host Utilities 5.1 this is odd.

frey.pepperdine.edu-pkain:/home/pkain  ==> sanlun version

frey.pepperdine.edu-pkain:/home/pkain  ==> lslpp -l | grep -i netapp

NetApp.MPIO_Host_Utilities_Kit.config

5.1.0.0  COMMITTED  NetApp MPIO PCM Host Utilities

NetApp.MPIO_Host_Utilities_Kit.fcp

NetApp.MPIO_Host_Utilities_Kit.pcmodm

NetApp.SAN_toolkit.sanlun  5.1.0.0  COMMITTED  NetApp SAN Toolkit sanlun

NetApp.snapdrive           4.2.0.0  COMMITTED  Network Appliance SnapDrive

Any suggestions?

If you have a UNIX system could you post your output, I'd like to see what a supported configuration displays? 

aborzenkov

No, I do not have UNIX, but example of sdcheck output can be found in SD documentation.

May be you have some old version setting on your hard drive somewhere? Does sdconfcheck has some logs where it looks for things? As a last resort, UNIX often has utilities to trace process execution (which files are opened and commands started). It is usually called truss on “classical” UNIX and strace on Linux. Does AIX have something similar?

peterkain42

Thanks, I found the example in the documentation, on page 53 of the Snapdrive 4.2 for UNIX Installation and Administration Guide for IBM AIX.

For the moment we're going to turn the problem back to the VAR and NetAPP.  I've got a level 2 case open but NetAPP support seems rather less than interested in fixing the problem. You've been more helpful then support.  If they come up w/ a reason/solution as to why the command

sanlun check  ... displays the incorrect version of  "FCP Support Kit 4.1" this should be 5.1

I'll make sure to post it.

Public