Data Backup and Recovery

DB credentials for profile creation in Snapmanager Oracle

NAYABSK

Hi ,

I am deploying Snapmanager for Oracle in my environment what type of user i need to use while creating a profile for a DB Instance.

Example:- I have DB called TestDB with ASM and i am creating profile and i was prompted to provide credentials so do i need to use a user account which access to bothe DB and ASM or just O/S authentication with DB access will do ???

Thanks,

Nayab                                                                                                                                                              

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

grahn

One thing you could try as well is to verify you have the proper settings in the snapdrive.conf

There is a wizard located in:

/opt/NetApp/snapdrive/setup

There is a file (can't remember the name)...setup_wizard I think...but it will run through some selections that will help you configure sdu properly...

Sent from my iPhone

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

NAYABSK

The Support person said he would engage Netapp PS team but myself i am working for a SI in singapore where we are providing all support and PS services for my client. So i asked him for an alternative or a workaround for this.

SrinivasAre

I am getting similar issue with SMO configuring for RAC database having ASM with iscsi luns from netapp.

snapdrive storage show -devices -- finally working after tweaking snapdrive.conf file.

But when i try to register profile getting same error

SMO-13527: Error performing fast restore check: FLOW-11019: Failure in Discover: SD-00018: Error discovering storage for /dev: SD-10016: Error executing snapdrive command "/usr/sbin/snapdrive storage show -fs /dev -v": 0001-185 Command error: storage show failed: no NETAPP devices to show or add the host to the trusted hosts (options trusted.hosts) and enable SSL on the storage system or retry after changing snapdrive.conf to use http for storage system communication and restarting snapdrive daemon.
/dev -- not found, additional information not available

Please help with the steps needed for ASM storage configuring using smo.

Thanks,

Srini

Public