Data Backup and Recovery

Does SnapDrive VSS provider support VSS API ResyncLuns?

Tim_Liu

Hi,

I was using both c-mode and 7-mode NetApp devices with windows server 2012R2 + SnapDrive 6.x. When I was trying "resync" command with "diskshadow.exe", the operation failed. Then I looked up in snapdrive log and found E_NOIMPL error. I'm wondiering if SnapDrive VSS provider support VSS resynclun operation? There is no explicit declaration in release notes and I could not find any information related to it.

Thanks for your time.

Best regards.

Tim Liu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dmauro

this would be more a question for the developers, however, for what I know, our Data Ontap VSS Hardware Provider (which comes with SnapDrive) is designed and supported with our SME and SMHV snapmanager products. My understanding is that any other use of this provider is not supported per se, even though you can try to get it working and you can also file a request for enhancement through the sales channel.

D.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

dmauro

this would be more a question for the developers, however, for what I know, our Data Ontap VSS Hardware Provider (which comes with SnapDrive) is designed and supported with our SME and SMHV snapmanager products. My understanding is that any other use of this provider is not supported per se, even though you can try to get it working and you can also file a request for enhancement through the sales channel.

D.

Tim_Liu

Thanks for your answer.

Public