Effective December 3, NetApp adopts Microsoft’s Business-to-Customer (B2C) identity management to simplify and provide secure access to NetApp resources.
For accounts that did not pre-register (prior to Dec 3), access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour as your legacy NSS ID is synchronized to the new B2C identity.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Data Backup and Recovery

ESE Based backup is not supported by snapmanger for exchange v6.0 or later

sylvain_cassan

Hi,

I've installed SnapManager for exchange V6.0 on a windows cluster with Exchange 2007 SP2 RollUp2. When I try to execute a backup of a Storage Group I've a successfull result but nothing is done.

In the report I have the following message : "ESE Based backup is not supported by snapmanger for exchange v6.0 or later"

What it means? My version of exchange is not supported? Something else?

Regards

Sylvain

2 REPLIES 2

qzhang

The issue is because SME cannot be sure which Exchange server is installed on your system.

You can do following to troubleshooting:

1) enable SME debug logging.

2) restart SME MMC Snapin.

3) check application event log, it will have an entry stating the OS and Exchange version SME detected.

4) check SME debug log.

Note above should be done from the owner node of the Exchange virtual server.

Thanks,

-Qing

sylvain_cassan

It seems that SME has the correct version in the logs...

The log files are joined

Thanks,

Sylvain

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public